Mission: Preserve and enhance the historic Ashcombe Mansion and the beautiful 22-acre property into a great asset for the community and all who choose to spend time here celebrating and commemorating life’s most joyful and meaningful milestones.
“THIS IS NOT JUST MY MANSION, BUT YOUR MANSION AS WELL. I WANT THIS HISTORIC PROPERTY TO BE SOMETHING THE COMMUNITY CAN BE PROUD OF.”
DEBORAH WELSH, PRESIDENT OF ASHCOMBE MANSION PROPERTY, LLC
Vision: Rehabilitate, renovate, expand and showcase a historically significant community treasure while being good stewards of the property and sensitive to neighbors. When all phases are completed, The Willows at Ashcombe Mansion will provide a unique destination resort and special event venue ideal for celebrating:
- Fundraising Events
- Business Meetings
- Private Parties
The property will offer patrons an opportunity to “own a historic estate for the weekend.”
PHASE 1: RENOVATION AND EXPANSION OF MANSION
To be completed Spring 2021
Total Investment: $7 million
Preserve, restore and renovate approximately 7,563 square-foot Mansion to her original glory. Highlights include:
- 5 bedrooms
- 7 bathrooms
- Bridal, groomsmen and honeymoon suites
- Mahogany wrap-around porch; refurbished stained glass; 4 fireplaces; Swarovski crystal chandeliers throughout; custom marble tile and inlays; hand-selected period furnishings
To expand guest amenities and accommodations, an addition will be added to the existing Mansion preserving the integrity of the building while ensuring consistency in architecture and attention to period detail. Highlights include:
- Upscale dining room and commercial kitchen
- New grand side entrance and hallway
- Raised stunning patio
- Custom Sperry tent erected on patio from April through November
- Architecturally exquisite veranda and other covered and connected outdoor spaces
- Victorian Queen Anne-style marble and stone fireplaces
- Beautiful and lush landscaping including the addition of multiple weeping willow trees—hence the new name “The Willows at Ashcombe Mansion”
PHASE 2: RECEPTION HALL, COTTAGES & COURTYARD
Full completion date to be determined.
To accommodate overnight guests attending a wedding or special event only, small cottages matching the historic architecture and character of the Mansion will be constructed adjacent to the main estate building around a central courtyard and garden oasis. The vision is to replicate a European-style village. Phase 2 highlights include:
- 2-story lobby with grand fireplace and reception hall
- 26, one-story cottages for overnight guests attending an event (not for public use, 10-room minimum)
- Approximately 350 square feet each
- 3 floor plan designs
- All cottages face inward toward the courtyard
- No patios or doorways outward facing
- Majestic courtyard where guests can gather, relax and visit in a tranquil atmosphere
- Sparkling inground swimming pool and spa building
- Wood-burning firepit with masonry seating and outdoor furniture
- Pergolas and manicured gardens with fountain and other water features
- Walking paths and quiet spaces for reflection and intimate conversations
PHASE 3: BREWPUB
Full completion date to be determined.
To offer the community a unique food and beverage option where patrons can enjoy an upscale establishment, a resort brewpub will be constructed to offer handcrafted beer and delicious cuisine in a scenic setting. Phase 3 highlights include:
- Resort brewpub that dispenses handcrafted beer directly from the microbrewery’s in-restaurant storage tanks
- Separate space in resort brewpub ideal for rehearsal dinners or other small parties
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Please fill out the form below with any questions or feedback you have about The Willows at Ashcombe Mansion project. We look forward to hearing from you and we will respond as quickly as possible.
This project is currently in the design phase.